Sunday, 10 February 2008

~* Chinese New Year*~

Home sick...?! What? Me? Homesick? That's a bit odd, as I don't normally have this feeling. Over the years (counting with my 10 fingers and ran out...) 15 years being away from home, well, I should have got used to it.

Of course, in a way living away from home and have to take care of myself are no stranger to me. But, during the time of Chinese New Year (CNY) the feeling of home sick starts flowing in. For the past four days I have made almost 10 contacts with my family, just wanted to hear their voices during this time of the year. Feeling like... I am with them celebrating one of the important festive with my family.

Usually, we will put on new clothes and make lots of yummy food and prepare all sort of snacks during this time of the year. This is because CNY is all about gathering, eating and chatting, from the day of CNY eve the big feed starts kicking in until the 15th day of NY.

Now... being spending my 1st and 2nd day of CNY by myself, oh and my TV! The Chinese TV shows are the only thing that reminds me that it's the new year.

I miss the gathering...

Then I miss the lion dance...



Have a prosperous year!! ^o^

No comments: