Monday, 7 April 2008

~*Encounter Someone Rude*~

Me: "Hi, this is xxx calling from xxx. I am aware that you took over the store as of (date). I am trying to get hold of the old owner in regards to the account."

New owner: "You know I took over the shop as of (date) and I should not be paying the old account as well."

Me:"No... you do not have to pay for the old account. However, I need to contact the old owner, do you have his contact?"

New owner: "No, you can not get hold of him cause he passed away."

Me:*shock* *Speechless* "oh... ok... so do you know who is looking after the account for him?"

New owner: "yes you can talk to me,I am his son."

(can't believe we have the previous conversation)

Me:"Oh... ok... this is about his account, there are still outstanding amount in the account that need to be paid off."

New owner the son:" I can't touch his money! I am not going to pay you..."

Me:"But you said you are now looking after the account and you..."

New owner the son:"No, I can't touch his money. He died without a will, so before I can touch his money I am not going to pay you."

Me..being stuck in the middle do not know what to say...

Me:"Since you said you are going to look after the account, then I will forward the invoices to you."

New owner the son:"Ok, but I am not going to pay you. It's his account, so if you want to get the account paid you can ask him... but that is impossible you know" *cheeky laugh*

At this very moment, I think he is starting to get a bit rude. First of all, I rang to do my job and I didn't know his father passed away and I just found out... so I was not trying to be rude here.

New Owner the son:"Ok, send me the invoices and I will think about it."

Me.. being nothing much that I can do... "Ok, I will send them to you and I'm sorry with what happened."

New Owner the son:"No sorry, we are talking about business here..."

ME...*speechless*

Can anyone tell me what is going in his mind?? Stress? Grief? But for some reason I really don't think he has much respect for his late father...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.