Wednesday, 12 December 2007

~*One fine dine*~



What a difference a good dine out has made? I can tell you, it was certainly divine. Danny and I went out for a good dinner tonight as this will be the last time we meet before the end of the year and it's a good time to do some good catch up.

He has always been one person that you can't go wrong with the food and the restaurant he choose. Danny knows all the good food around; Chinese; French;Japanese even pub meal... you name it. So today we went to St. Tropez, a French restaurant. Which has been situated in Parnel for a long time, well at least before my time.

First we walked in with no booking. I was actually a bit worry that they might have to turn us away and have to bring away an 'snobby' face with us. Only then she said she can offer us a table and we have to give it back to them in an hour time. I was thinking, "that's fair enough, as we have not make any booking"

We took about 10mins to decide what's for entree; main and dessert as well as wine, without any forcing pressure from the restaurant manager. Danny and I have been extremely co-operative and taken just enough time to taste our entree. We have chicken liver and French baked snails for entree.... There's only word to describe the taste of these both... exqusite! The chicken liver pate just melt in my mouth... hhmm....

Then come our main course, I have lamb cassarole and Danny has eye fillet steak long with merlot red wine. The combination was good, the first taste of the potatoe mashed was so yummy. All this time, the waitresses has never come and look at our table and see whether or not we have finished and making us feeling uncomfortable. It's then when it's almost dessert time and I don't want to drag on for too long as our one hour almost up and I know if I am the manager the last thing that I want to happen in my restaurant is to have people turn up and not able to have their table ready. So I have asked to have our dessert being served while I nibbling away my lamb cassarole.

Our dessert was French traditional apple pie. First the pastry, it's soft in the middle and crsipy around the side. Then then apple, was not too sweet and have a hint of apple sour which goes really well with the sauce that it serves with. The manager came around and said we can have another 15mins so we don;t have to rush off with the dessert.

So when we went and pay our bill and used the Entertainment card which will give us a 25% discount. The manager kindly said to us that she is sorry that she has to rush us and will not take the discount off from the card (as this is a one-off per card) and instead she gave us a personal 25% discount.

I told her that the whole experience dining in the restaurant was really good. We really enjoyed the food and thanks her for squeezing us in.

Well, you can;t really blame me for being prejudice her for being one of the snobby-up-market restaurant manager who can just get really shitty with us. As I have TOO many far TOO many bad experience with even the best restaunrant in town. But sorry miss manager I was wrong.

So St. Tropez, one good restaurant to dine in and it has given me a happy big smile on my face after a long day at work.

P.S: My mood is getting better... the ants that I have complained before is getting less and less.... thanks to the ants killer that I have bought in supermarket. ALSO... a day closer to HOME TIME. ^o^ Can't wait to see my family again... esp. Little Ariel.

No comments: